Monday, March 15, 2010

Rivera Restaurant...Oh Wow!!!

So Saturday night, my friends and I hung out & stumbled upon a gourmet Mexican Restaurant in downtown LA.  The group of people we were hanging out with told us about it & took us there.  Rivera's is famous for the unique & delicious cocktail concotions.  I had one with cucumbers (rivera's cup) in it that was sooo good, my friend had one with cricket salt (donaji cocktail) around the rim, another had the "barbacoa" which had a piece of beef jerky in it.  All of them were soooo good & soooo unique.  We sat at the bar & were amused at how the bartenders made the drinks.  Peeling an orange & burning the peel with a lighter & then rubbing it around the rim of the glass...it was cool.  Here is the link to their cocktail menu, make sure you try one if you go... cocktail menu.

Also, while we were sitting there we had some appetizers that were to DIE for!!! geez, either they were the best I ever tasted or I was buzzed...lol, either way, I just remember them being sooooo yummy!!! We had some of their homemade corn tortillas that have roses pressed into them served with some spicy guacamole spread & then we had some of their mouth-watering, delicious "jamon serrano" (thinly sliced spanish ham served w/toasted bread)  that I couldn't get enough of....soooooooooooooooooo good, we ordered it 3 times because we kept devouring it.  A bonus on top of all of this is that the decor is soo cool, the chairs, tequila corks, walls, napkins, etc, all has the Rivera "R" on it.  Very cool.  http://www.riverarestaurant.com/ I can't wait to go back & try everything else!!!!



the Barbacoa cocktail


Jamon Serrano



Photobucket
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment