Monday, March 1, 2010

Appetizer: Creamy cheesy Jalapeno Popper Dip

So, we had another family party this weekend at our house & I had to find something quick that I could whip up.  I searched my favorite website (www.allrecipes.com) and found a Jalepeno Popper Dip.  It seemed quick & easy to make with not a whole lot of ingredients & rave reviews.  So I made it, everyone loved it & it was eaten up in a flash. On top of all that, it was so quick & easy.  My boyfriend couldn't get enough.  It tastes just like a jalapeno popper & is good with tortilla chips, baquettes, pita chips or whatever you want to eat it with.


  • Ingredients
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
  • 2 ounces canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Optional: Bread Crumbs

Directions

  1. Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in green chiles and jalapeno peppers. Pour mixture into a microwave safe serving dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
  2. Microwave on High until hot, about 3 minutes.


I put the dish in the microwave for a couple minutes & then I put bread crumbs & parmesan cheese on top & "broiled" in the oven for a few minutes until breadcrumbs got toasty brown.   I also added almost the whole 4oz can of jalapeno peppers instead of only 2oz...to make it spicier, but that's up to you.



Photobucket
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment